The Work-Study Allowance Program offers an additional allowance to students in return for performing VA-related activities. It serves as a supplemental VA education benefit and often provides the additional funding that allows a student to pursue educational goals.
The program pays tax-free minimum wage for up to 25 hours a week. There are positions at the VSC, VA Regional Office, and the VA hospital.
To participate in the Work-Study Allowance Program, the student must be receiving benefits under one of the following education programs:
- Chapter 30: The Montgomery GI Bill
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 32: The Post-Vietnam Era Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 33: The Post-9/11 GI Bill / Fry Scholarship
- Chapter 35: Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 1606: The Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607: The Reserve Educational Assistance Program
The student must be enrolled in and pursuing an approved college degree, vocational or professional program of education at a rate of ¾ time or greater.
Work-Study at the VSC
Applications for positions in the VSC are accepted each semester at the Veterans Support Center. Please download the Work-Study Application below, complete the form, save as a PDF and email to Matt Root.
For more information, contact Matt Root at email@example.com or stop by the VSC.