The University of Utah is a top university with extensive academic and student support capabilities. In 2015, USA Today named the University of Utah one of the top ten most veteran-friendly universities in the nation.
The U has a dedicated Veterans Support Center that is staffed by veterans who are committed to assisting other veterans succeed. The VSC is a one-stop shop for services, support, advocacy, and camaraderie. Some of the services offered through the VSC include:
- GI Bill/VA educational program services
- VA counseling and benefits advising
- Career coaching
- Peer mentoring
- Free tutoring
- Free SWAG, coffee, and refreshments
- Free printing and computer lab with CAC card readers
- Veteran-only lounge and study area
- Student veteran organization
- Scholarship and financial aid assistance
- Work study opportunities
- Student Veteran of the Year recognition
- Many other veteran-only services and events
Need more reasons?
- Most veterans qualify for in-state tuition as soon as they start.
- Student veterans receive priority registration after orientation.
- The state of Utah offers the Tuition Gap program, which pays tuition for qualifying veterans who have established Utah residency, have no VA educational benefits available, and have only a year left before earning their first bachelor’s degree.
- The U is literally across the street from a regional VA office and one of the top VA hospitals.
- The U hosts the National Center for Veterans Studies which provides cutting-edge evidence-based treatment of PTSD and suicide prevention.
A top-ranked school that is located in a beautiful veteran-friendly state, the U is an excellent institution for veterans to attend.
To request more information, click here.
To apply, click here.