The Veterans Support Center
The VSC is staffed by veterans who are committed to helping other veterans succeed at the U. The VSC offers services, support, and advocacy. Some of the services offered through the VSC include:
- School Certifying Officers for VA Educational Programs
- VA Counseling and Benefits Advising
- Free Computer Lab and Printing
- Free SWAG, Coffee, and Refreshments
- Career Coaching Tailored to Veterans
- Free Tutoring
- Peer Mentoring
- Scholarships and Financial Aid Assistance
- Student Veterans at the U Association
- Textbook Loan Library
- Work Study Opportunities
- And More!
We are honored to support and serve our brothers and sisters in arms and their family members. Call, email, or stop by the VSC to find out how we can help you succeed and enjoy your time at the U.
The University of Utah
Many other benefits and services are available to student veterans at the U. Some of these include:
- Priority registration for veterans and service members after orientation
- In-state tuition for most veterans and family members
- Tuition Gap funding for qualifying veterans who have no VA available educational benefits and will earn their first bachelor’s degree within a year
- Registrar’s staff dedicated to serving veterans
Around the U
The University of Utah is in an ideal location for veterans and for those that love the outdoors.
- VA Regional Office, Hospital, and Health Care System across the street from the U
- Entertainment and cultural events ranging from professional sports, museums, festivals, fine dining, and concerts to night life, stand-up comedy, shopping, and brew pubs
- Renowned outdoor recreation including five national parks, five national monuments, 43 state parks, and 23M acres of public land offering opportunities for hiking, skiing, climbing, rafting, fishing, and more.