Spouses & Dependents

Spouses and dependents of U Vets are part of our family.  Although some services and resources can only be provided to those who serve or served in uniform, we offer substantial support to family members. Know that you are welcome in the VSC any time and that we are here to support you.  Information about some family member programs and benefits follows, but please contact the VSC any time that you have questions or need assistance.

Chapter 33 TOE – Post 9/11 GI Bill Transfer of Entitlement

The transferability option under the Post-9/11 GI Bill allows service members to transfer all or some unused benefits to their spouse or dependent children. The option to transfer is open to any member of the armed forces active duty or Selected Reserve, officer or enlisted who is eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, and meets the criteria.   Click here for information.

Chapter 35- Survivors and Dependents Assistance

There are two main GI Bill programs offering education assistance to survivors and dependents of Veterans:

The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (Fry Scholarship)

The Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) Program

My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)

The MyCAA Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. Spouses may use their MyCAA Scholarship funds at any academic institution approved for participation in the scholarship.

Click here for the MyCAA fact sheet to see who is eligible and other important information regarding the program.