Main Menu

Related Sites

Home FAQ


  • If you are thinking about applying to the U or you were just accepted and are not sure what to do next, see our Getting Started. If there are still questions, contact the VSC by coming into the office, by email, or by calling 801-587-7722.

  • Each school has academic advisors specific to majors in that school. They are there to help you understand course requirements, setup an academic plan, and help you figure out schedules. Find out who your school's academic advisor it, ask questions, and schedule an appointment to meet with one here.

  • Information regarding various education benefits can be found here. Detailed information about specific benefits can be found at each of the links.

  • Service members, veterans, and family members may be eligible for in-state tuition if they are:

      • Assigned to active duty in Utah, including the Utah National Guard and active reserves
      • Immediate family member of a service member currently assigned to active duty in Utah
      • Veteran who did not receive a dishonorable discharge
      • Immediate family member of a veteran claimed as a dependent
      • Eligible person entitled to benefits under the Montgomery or Post-9/11 GI Bills
      • Utah resident away on active military duty with an intent to return taking only online courses from the U, including family members claimed as a dependent

    Visit the Admissions Office Residency page for more detailed information.

  • Tuition Assistance (TA) can be used with the Post-9/11 and Montgomery GI Bills. If you are receiving Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits, the Registrar's School Certifying Officials will reduce the cost of tuition reported to the VA by the amount you receive through TA. For questions regarding TA, contact your commands Education Services Office (ESO).

    For service specific eligibility criteria:

    For tips and guidance on maximizing your VA education benefits, set up an appointment with the Vet Success on Campus Counselor in the VSC.

  • The VA will cover the cost of many tests, but not the fees associated with the testing process. Visit the VA website for more information and to see if you may be eligible for reimbursement.

  • Yes. There is a 20% discount for prep courses taught at the U. Veterans must prove military status with the VSC. More information is available at the Continuing Education site.

  • Once you are enrolled, the VSC's VetSuccess on Campus Counselor can answer a lot questions for you. However, there might still be questions that need to be answered. You can contact the VA at:

      • Veterans Crisis Line: Dial 988 then press 1
      • VA Benefits: 800-827-1000
      • VA Health Care: 877-222-VETS (877-222-8387)
      • GI Bill: 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551)
      • Or you can submit a question online through Ask VA
  • If you are having an emergency or are in crisis, call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room. The Veteran's Crisis Line is also available 24/7 and is completely confidential. They can be reached at 1-800-273-8255, and pressing option 1.

    There are many resources available on and off campus to support veterans with PTSD and other mental health concerns, including:

  • Some students have documented challenges that qualify for reasonable academic accommodations that help them to participate on an equal basis with students who do not have such challenges. For information about how to request accommodations contact the Center for Disability & Access.

  • Yes. The Student Veterans at Utah (SVU) is a chapter of the Student Veterans of America.