Main Menu

Related Sites

Get Started

General Process for applying to the University of Utah

(Note: If you are applying for admission to a graduate program, see your intended college’s website for application information.)

  1. Determine if the University of Utah offers the academic major and degree that you want to earn:
Undergraduate Degrees:
Graduate Degrees:
  1. Apply for admission and pay the application fee:
Fill out the application:
  1. Send your school transcripts to the Office of Admissions:


    Paper transcripts should be mailed to:
    Office of Admissions, 201 S 1460 E, Room 250S, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112.

    The U accepts official electronic transcripts from the following agencies only: SENDedu, Docufide by Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, AVOW, Credentials Solutions, and Scrip-Safe. Have electronic transcripts sent to

  1. Send your military transcripts to the Office of Admissions. Request them here:
Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Coast Guard:
Air Force
  1. Monitor your mail and email for an Admissions decision.
  1. Apply for VA education benefits.
Veteran Readiness and Employment (Chapter 31):

If you have a service connected disability rating, you may also qualify for Veteran Readiness and Employment. For more information, click the button below or contact our VA Vocational Rehabilitation counsellor, Jason Carter, at (801)587-5703 or by email.

  1. Apply for Financial Aid:
Fill out a FAFSA:
Find Scholarships & aid

After Admission


  1. Create Your Campus Information Services (CIS) Account using the University ID (UNID) and password included in your admissions letter. Activate your University email (UMail) using your UNID and your new password. Be sure to check your UMail account regularly and frequently, as all official university communication will be sent here.
  1. Pay the $300 enrollment deposit or request an extension. This deposit will be applied to your tuition.
    If you are utilizing VA education benefits, please talk to our Veteran Services team at the VSC or (801) 581-6945 prior to paying this deposit.
  1. Register for New Student Orientation. You cannot register for classes until you have completed mandatory orientation. Family members using VA educational benefits and student veterans are eligible for priority registration only after completing an in-person orientation program or online orientation modules. For access, contact the Center for New Student and Family Programs at (801) 581-7069 or and indicate your veteran status. Family members are only eligible for priority registration while using educational benefits.
  1. If you did not speak to an advisor during orientation, contact your advisor for an appointment and then register for classes:
  1. Submit proof of immunizations. Complete and return the forms you receive at Orientation. Additional information can be found here:
  1. Submit a Housing Application, if you choose to live on campus:
  1. Stop by the Veterans Support Center as soon as possible to turn in your Request for Benefits form and to learn about the benefits available at the VSC, on campus, the VA, and in the community.